TNCC strives to maintain an active national outreach network for legislative advocacy to support civic engagement, academic service-learning, and community service in higher education. TNCC also strives to keep the?Tennessee General Assembly informed of its programs and services that impact the well-being of campuses and communities across Tennessee. TNCC also hosts a Day on the Hill to provide testimonials to the House Higher Education Subcommittee and the Senate Education Committee, highlight member institutions campus-community work utilizing service-learning, and to conduct one-on-one briefing visits with representatives and senators.
- U.S. House Resolution 1463 on Service-Learning, September 22, 2008
- 10 Questions State Legislators Should Ask About Higher Education?by Vicki E. Murray, Ph.D., American Legislative Exchange Counsel
- Serve America Act – What It Means For Higher Education
- Serve America Act 2008
- Serve America S-L Provisions
- Summary of the Kennedy Serve America Act?(April 2009)